Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Five Key Things for Good Portraiture!!

Here is a short list and video on the Five key things needed for good portraits.


1. Communication with the subject.
2. Choice of lens.
3.  Aperture.
4. Lighting. Natural of Artificial.
5. Enviroment.

Watch the video to learn more!






Here is a shot of my wife where I used the backlight technique.  I used the reflection off the snow to add the fill light to her face.  Do you think this is a good way to shoot? Do you like the look that comes from shooting into the light?  Please leave comments below to let  me know what you think. Thanks, Brian


2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the video and I finally understand natural versus artificial lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I photograph Hereford cattle and often use a fill flash and backlight just because I think it makes them look better. The reflector probably wouldn't work around bulls ;) I love the shot of your wife!

    ReplyDelete